The content of the article
- Who is considered a poor family
- Criteria of need in the provision of social support measures
- How to calculate total income
- The procedure for determining the average per capita income per family member
- What help can the poor receive from the state in 2018?
- Types of Poverty Allowance
- One-time allowance at birth or adoption of a child
- One-time financial assistance to low-income families
- Maternity payments
- Payments by September 1
- For children under the age of majority
- Scholarships for children from low-income families
- Monthly allowance
- For the first child
- Monthly payments of maternity capital per second child
- On the third child and obtaining the status of a large family
- Material assistance to low-income families with a disabled child
- How to apply for a poor family allowance
- Where to go
- What documents are needed
- Children’s allowances and low-income payments in Moscow
- Who can claim
- Benefit amount from January 1, 2018
The difficult economic situation in a number of regions of the country, unemployment, and inflationary processes make people wonder what regional and federal programs for protecting large families of low-income families exist, involving the issuance of benefits, and other support measures necessary to ensure the normal development and upbringing of children. Many Russians do not know what compensation they are entitled to, how to apply for subsidies, and what documents to collect for benefits to low-income families with children in 2018.
Who is considered a poor family
According to the definition, low-income families are recognized as those who conduct joint farming in one territory according to the registration data, related by family ties. Specialists solving the issue of assigning the status of the poor consider each case individually – people who are not tied by blood ties, who are cohabiting, and who raise common children can live together. Low-income families may be of different composition:
- incomplete, with a father or mother raising a child individually or several offspring;
- large families;
- full with low per capita income;
- orphan child left without parental care;
- persons of limited legal capacity due to disability;
- pensioners and young people studying full-time at universities, receiving social benefits.
The level of family income per person applying for the status of the poor, after calculations, should be lower than the subsistence minimum allowance (MP) accepted for this subject of the federation. At the same time, the person’s age is considered, since the size of the PM varies depending on whether the citizen works, is an incompetent pensioner or child.
Criteria of need in the provision of social support measures
It is not so easy to obtain the status of low-income citizens in need of state benefits. To do this, you must meet the following criteria:
- To be considered officially low-income, to be registered with the municipality or local social security office. It will be necessary to update the status once every three months, with the provision of a package of documentation on the income of all working household members.
- Adult family members must officially work. If they do not work, they provide information according to which they have the right to be at home (state of pregnancy, caring for the baby, the presence of disability, other cases). If the household sits without work without good reason, then the allowance will not be issued.
- Citizens really need state support – they need to prepare for various checks, including the calculation of all available incomes, an inspection at the place of registration to verify the data provided on low income.
How to calculate total income
Many Russians who do not know the procedure for calculating the total income, according to which the family is recognized or not recognized as poor, lose hope for state welfare. The calculation algorithm is very simple, it can be found in Article 14 of the Federal Law of April 05, 2003. FZ-44, which speaks of the procedure for calculating the income of several cohabiting people or one citizen, applying for social support. Social protection workers act as follows:
- Take into account the total quarterly earnings of all family members, summing up income.
- Divide the figure by three months, getting the average monthly income per family.
- The resulting number is divided by the number of households to find out how much money per month falls on one person.
Often, citizens do not know what cash receipts are included in total earnings. When calculating the average per capita income, the following types of cash are taken into account:
- salary according to form 2-personal income tax;
- Appointed federal or local benefits, pensions;
- scholarships received by students of schools, universities, secondary technical institutions;
- issued dairy products, other in-kind support by products or things;
- Estimated profits from movable or immovable property owned by households.
The procedure for determining the average per capita income per family member
To visualize the calculation methods used by the social security authorities, we can consider the following example:
An incomplete family consisting of a mother and two minor children 6 and 8 years old, living in Moscow. Mother works and received a salary for 3 months 51 000 rubles. No child benefits or other benefits were issued. The average per capita monthly income per household is calculated using the following formula:
51 000/3/3 = 5 667 rubles.
Considering that the PM in the capital for 2018 is 18,742 rubles for capable citizens and 14,252 rubles for minors, a mother can apply for the status of a poor family with cash benefits, preferences and benefits. You need to know that all types of income are taken into account, and if a deliberate or unintentional attempt to conceal additional income is revealed, the allowance will not be given.
What help can the poor receive from the state in 2018?
Each region of Russia provides low-income citizens with their own types of subsidies, but all people who need support measures can apply for the following types of benefits:
- children’s subsidies (including benefits for carrying a baby, childbirth, caring for a baby);
- social welfare;
- benefits when paying for utilities;
- preferences when buying medicines, vitamins;
- privileges for offspring upon admission to kindergartens, schools, circles, sections;
- free food for women bearing a baby and young children;
- special one-time and monthly surcharges established by local authorities.
Types of Poverty Allowance
All options for subsidizing are divided into two groups – one-time, or one-time, and received once every 30 days, which have to be renewed annually or in any other manner established by laws. One-time subsidies include such benefits for children of poor families in 2018:
- Issued subject to registration in the early stages of bearing a baby. In 2018, the amount of payment has changed and will be 633 p.
- Wives of contractors who are more than 180 days of pregnancy are given 26 721 r..
- At the birth of a baby. Issued from the federal budget regardless of mother’s employment.
- With the adoption of one baby – 16 873 p., Several sisters, brothers or a disabled child – 128 928 p..
- Assistance for first-grader fees. Depends on the region, the size varies from 5,000-1,100 rubles.
Monthly subsidies to the poor are as follows:
- Child care minors 1.5-16 years old. The size depends on the legal capacity of the parent and minor dependent, regional allocation of funds.
- Subsidy for a third-born infant. In St. Petersburg, the amount of the allowance is 10 115 rubles.
- Social scholarship and additional payments to schoolchildren for travel.
- Extra charges for good nutrition. 100-500 rubles per month are issued.
One-time allowance at birth or adoption of a child
One-time assistance is issued at birth or adoption of a child from the federal budget. The amount for 2018 is 16,874 rubles. Any parent can receive money at work or when contacting a branch of social security authorities 10 days after submitting the request. Finances are issued to any citizen whose offspring was born – unemployed, students, single fathers or mothers, employed citizens.
If several babies were born at once, then the money is given out to one of them. If adults decide to adopt a boy or girl, then the amount of compensation remains the same regardless of the age of the adopted. The exception is the adoption of brothers with sisters or a disabled child. The amount of welfare is increasing, reaching 128 928 rubles.
One-time financial assistance to low-income families
One-time surcharges are subsidized by the regional budget; therefore, they are not paid by all subjects of the country. To get the money, you will have to prove your eligibility for financial assistance – bring documentary evidence of need to the IFC or social security authorities. In the capital, such payments are given to citizens with a large number of wards, offspring, a simple poor person can not collect a one-time subsidy. In St. Petersburg you can receive up to 100 thousand rubles, in Vologda – 300-10 000 rubles, other regions give benefits in the amount of PM.
The demographic crisis is forcing the government to stimulate fertility through numerous maternity subsidies. A woman can apply for different types of subsidies:
- One-time, with early registration, birth of a baby.
- Maternity, paid depending on the status of women – workers receive 100% of earnings for the last 24 months of work. Unemployed, registered with the Federal Labor Law, a payment of 633 p. Students will receive 1,419 rubles from 2018, ladies’ military personnel up to 30,000 rubles.
- Subsidies for the offspring up to one and a half years. Up to 40% of monthly earnings are given to employed citizens, a fixed amount of 3,066 rubles at birth of the first-born, 6,131 for the second child.
- Welfare until the offspring reaches 3 years of age. 50 rubles are paid to everyone except the military wives who are in the conscription service. They are issued 10 528 rubles.
Payments by September 1
Not all citizens can provide children with textbooks, uniforms, and accessories necessary for study. Regional authorities provide cash assistance, which can be obtained before sending a first grader to school. Eligibility for financial resources is lost after 6 months of study of a son or daughter. The city authorities issued 5,000 rubles, in St. Petersburg – 3,768 rubles, in Bryansk – 1,000 rubles. Some regions do not provide subsidies for this type of welfare.
For children under the age of majority
After the child has reached the age of three, mothers stop paying compensation. If a woman proves that she needs, belongs to the poor, then you can receive assistance until the offspring comes of age. Mother and father must officially work, and the average monthly income of each household should not exceed the PM established in the region. Money is paid until the age of 16 years for a son or daughter. Separate payments are given to mothers caring for a minor with a disability, or when the parent’s legal capacity is limited.
Scholarships for children from low-income families
You can get financial resources if the student belongs to the category of low-income. Money is paid during full-time studies in higher and secondary technical institutions throughout the entire period of study. For universities, the amount of subsidy is 2,100 rubles, for colleges – 730 rubles. You can apply for assistance if the young person is a representative of one of the following categories of citizens:
- disabled person of 1 or 2 groups;
- an orphan child without a parent or guardian;
- a member of a large poor family;
- a person exposed to radiation;
- a contractor who has served for at least 3 years.
According to the Presidential Decree of October 18, 2017. No. 487, the state introduces new measures to support motherhood and childhood, which will affect socially unprotected categories of citizens, the poor with a large number of minors. The following types of payments are introduced:
- when the firstborn appears;
- on a second infant before the age of one and a half years;
- on the third and next babies.
The payment card is intended to increase as a percentage the minimum maternity grants paid to employed mothers by 21.7%. Children’s compensation up to one and a half years of age will increase by the value of recorded inflation. In 2017 this figure was 3.2%. The size of the capital will not increase, until 2020 they will give out 453 thousand rubles, but you can spend this money without waiting until the son or daughter turns 3 years old.
For the first child
Payments are provided every 30 days until the age of one and a half years for a baby born after 01/01/2018 and who is a citizen of the country. The condition is stipulated that parents may collect surcharges, the income of which per one household for a month is less than one and a half adopted regional PM. The amount of welfare depends on the cost of living for the subject of Russia, calculated for the 2nd quarter of the previous reporting period. The average size of payments in the country will be 10 523 rubles, in Moscow – 13 938 rubles, Rostov-on-Don – 10 264 rubles, Volgograd – 9 219 rubles.
Monthly payments of maternity capital per second child
Citizens who have a second baby can collect monthly surcharges from the amounts due to the capital until their daughter or son reaches the age of one and a half years. Subsidies are limited to individuals whose monthly income for each household is below 1.5 PM in the region. The amount of benefits for children in needy families in 2018 is equal to the regional minimum wage for a minor for the previous reporting period: in Moscow – 13 938 rubles, in St. Petersburg – 10 222 rubles, Krasnoyarsk – 12 020.
On the third child and obtaining the status of a large family
Fundamentally, the types of compensation payments received upon the appearance of the third offspring are no different from the subsidies due to the mother at the birth of the child – she receives one-time, monthly maternity payments. But the presence of a third and subsequent children translate parents and children into the category of large families. Many citizens are in need, so they are provided with additional compensation, due to their status. The number of regions covered by the federal program for assistance to large families has expanded to 60.
The amount of benefits for children of poor families in 2018 will be determined depending on the PM adopted in the region. Targeted subsidies are allocated by the state budget. You can get money if the Russians prove low-income according to regulatory documents and resolutions adopted by the subjects of the federation. The measure is designed to stimulate fertility in areas where there is an unfavorable demographic situation..
Material assistance to low-income families with a disabled child
The state is trying to provide minors with disabilities with conditions for their adaptation, preservation of health, and provision of necessary medicines. Children with disabilities are entitled to such subsidized subsidies:
Types of surcharges
Disabled children, rubles
Disabled from birth, 1 group, rubles
Children with disabilities from birth, 2 groups, rubles
Disabled children from birth, 3 groups, rubles
Social Retirement Benefits
EDV (maximum size for refusal of an NSO)
2 490 (3 539)
NSO in the form of products, things or money
Monthly care subsidies
5 500 – to guardians or parents, 1 200 – to other persons
Is not provided
How to apply for a poor family allowance
In order to receive cash benefits for children of low-income families in 2018, you need to apply for the necessary status. To do this, follow this algorithm:
- Gather the required documents.
- Head to the nearby welfare office..
- Write a request and give it to a specialist along with the attached documentation.
- Wait until the decision is made..
- In case of refusal, find out the reason for the rejection of the application, correct the errors and inaccuracies, re-submit the application.
- If yes, use material compensation.
Where to go
Poor citizens can apply for state assistance upon personal appeal to a branch of the social security service at the place of registration, the MFC (when the center provides such services). If you do not want to stand in lines, then, for processing payments, you can use the Gosuslug portal by sending an application remotely, with registration on the site, opening a Personal Account. When contacting any of these services, a response on a positive or negative decision must come within 10 days.
What documents are needed
It is necessary to prepare for the fact that you have to collect an extensive package of documentation. Such official papers are required:
- petition for assignment of the status of a poor family;
- passports of adult household members, birth certificates of minors;
- information on the composition of the family according to the house book;
- income data for working households in the form of 2-personal income tax for the last quarter;
- information on legal marriage (if any);
- certified copies of labor books of working household members;
- documents on available property, movable and immovable.
When assigning specific compensations, the following data may be required:
- VTEC conclusion on the assignment of a disability group;
- certificates of pregnancy indicating the term;
- information about studies, army service;
- other papers required by employees of social security bodies.
Children’s allowances and low-income payments in Moscow
Grants to needy citizens, according to the statements of the Moscow authorities, will increase in 2018 along with the growth of the city standard and PM in Moscow. The upcoming increase in surcharges will affect the following categories of Muscovites:
- people with a large number of children;
- needy citizens with low-income status;
- Muscovites containing a minor dependent dependent on children or children with disabilities.
Who can claim
The subsidies will be received by citizens whose average family income is below the level of Gosstandart in the capital, amounting to 17,500 rubles. Applicants for benefits can:
- Spouses of military conscripts.
- Wives and children of contractors.
- Single or single fathers with dependents 3-18 years old.
- Single-parent families where the second parent does not pay child support.
Benefit amount from January 1, 2018
You can compare the amounts of municipal welfare payments for 2017 and 2018 for individual categories of citizens in the table below:
The category of people whose earnings are below the capital PM
The size of the surcharge for 2017, rubles
The amount of subsidy for 2018, rubles
Moms and single fathers on raising dependents up to 3 years
Wives of military conscripts with children under 3 years old
Fathers and mothers raising dependents up to 3 years old, provided that the second parent does not pay maintenance payments
Other persons with dependents up to 3 years
Citizens raising minors 3-18 years old alone
Spouses of military conscripts containing minors 3-18 years old
Single parents containing children 3-18 years old, provided that the second parent evades child support payments
Other persons with minor dependents 3-18 years old