The content of the article
- Can traces of marker be removed from plastic
- How to erase a permanent marker with plastic
- Stain cleaner
- Toothpaste and soda
Removing traces from a marker often becomes a problem, especially if its ink has an alcohol base. To easily and quickly deal with such contamination of the plastic surface, use special cleaners and folk remedies.
Can traces of marker be removed from plastic
Knowing the composition of the ink, it is easy to wipe their traces from plastic or another surface. Water, alcohol and oil based markers are available. In the first case, the drawing or inscription is erased with plain water or soapy water. Ink from a permanent marker is removed using alcohol-containing agents. Using essential, vegetable or other oil, traces of oil-based felt-tip pens can be wiped off..
How to erase a permanent marker with plastic
To remove drawings and inscriptions made on a plastic surface with permanent ink, alcohol-containing products, acetone, stain removers on different bases are used.
Folk remedies also help wipe off traces of alcohol-based compounds – a stationery eraser for pencils, a mixture of soda and toothpaste, sunscreen. The effectiveness of the application depends on the composition of the cleaning agent and the quality of the plastic coating.
Erase marker with plastic will help ordinary ethyl alcohol or any alcohol with a strength above 40% (vodka, cognac). It is advisable to use a liquid containing a minimum amount of dyes. Application Algorithm:
- Moisten a cotton pad with alcohol.
- Carefully process marker marks.
- Remove any liquid from plastic with a clean, dry paper towel.
Acetone (or nail polish remover) will help to wipe the inscription made with indelible felt-tip pen on plastic. The substance easily removes the ink mark, but it should not be used when cleaning varnished or painted coatings, because in this case not only the pattern will be erased, but also the top coat of paint. Mode of application:
- Apply a few drops of acetone to a clean sponge.
- Surface finish.
- Wait one to two minutes, rinse off any remaining solvent with soapy water..
A special stain remover can wipe ink from a permanent marker. Purchase a special marker to remove stains from the hardware store, use it as follows:
- Shade the inscription carefully..
- Leave the composition to soak in ink for 10-15 minutes.
- Wipe off the residue with a dry sponge or cloth, then rinse with clean water.
Before using any special tool, try removing the ink residue with a stationery eraser. Mode of application:
- Wipe the surface dry.
- Erase the trail from the marker in the same way as from a pencil on paper, applying a small force when pressed.
- Wipe away any used eraser with a dry sponge or cloth.
Toothpaste and soda
You can wash the marker with plastic using a mixture of soda and toothpaste. A cleaning composition is prepared by mixing these components in a 1: 1 ratio. Application Algorithm:
- Apply ink to ink.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Rub the paste into the surface with a brush in smooth circular movements.
- Remove the remnants of the product with soap and water, wipe the surface with a dry cloth.
To wipe off the traces of alcohol-based ink from plastic, a sunscreen, which contains non-polar solvents, will help. Mode of application:
- Apply a small amount of cream to the surface with a thick layer.
- Leave on for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove the remaining cream using a dry cloth in a circular motion with gentle pressure..