The content of the article
- What is hair loss
- Signs of Hair Loss in Women
- Why does hair fall out
- Causes of severe hair loss in women
- Sharp fall
- In women after 30
- What diseases do women lose hair for?
- What to do if hair falls out
- Hair loss remedy
- How to wash your hair so that your hair does not fall out
- General strengthening procedures
- Folk remedies
The causes of severe hair loss in women can be different: stress, hormonal disorders, diseases of the endocrine system, genetic predisposition and much more. It should be borne in mind that about a hundred hair loss per day is considered the norm. If the hairstyle has noticeably thinned out, and after washing your hair in the bath large bundles remain, you should seek the help of a specialist trichologist.
What is hair loss
For a woman, a beautiful hairstyle is an important element of her appearance, the same as her face. Strong loss of strands or alopecia can deliver a lot of grief to the fairer sex. In addition, this process signals a problem in the body..
The hair follicle in its development goes through continuously such cycles as growth, peace and a new stage. All phases can last several years. If the follicle stops growing in the resting phase, the hair falls out without replacement with new ones, i.e. uniform active loss and thinning occurs. If treatment is not started on time, baldness will develop. Alopecia is a strong loss of strands, in which the number of hairs dropped exceeds the number that appeared. Distinguish focal and diffuse alopecia.
Signs of Hair Loss in Women
If a girl first discovered a small number of locks on a comb, do not sound the alarm, because in a normal cycle, a person can lose about 100 hairs per day. A cause for concern may be the results of a test that you can do on your own at home. It is necessary to refrain from washing your hair for 4 days, and on the fifth you should pull the hair on the top of the head with your hands. Then count the number of hairs that remained in the hand. If there are more than 5 of them in each palm, you need to start worrying. Still need to worry in such cases:
- Brittleness. If the locks at the end do not have a thickening, then they already break, and do not fall out.
- Abundant loss. The number of hairs dropped exceeds the norm of 50-100 pieces per day.
- Color change. If the root of the falling strand has a dark color, you should consult a doctor.
- Baldness is accompanied by dry head, itching and dandruff..
Why does hair fall out
Many women are interested in why hair falls out so much and what affects their health. As a rule, a hairstyle is often exposed to the external environment (ecology, bad weather, improperly selected shampoo) and internal factors (stress, malnutrition, disease, poor heredity). Some problems can be easily dealt with, others have to live and try to carefully take care of the hairstyle.
Many women report a seasonal loss of locks and thinning in certain phases of the menstrual cycle. Often this is a temporary phenomenon and is associated with the natural fluctuation of the hormonal background and climate. In addition, there are other causes of hair loss in women:
- circulatory disturbance;
- chronic diseases;
- the use of radiation or chemical therapy;
- psycho-emotional stress;
- scalp diseases;
- the use of shampoo with parabens;
- thyroid disease.
- malnutrition, lack of vitamins;
- long-term use of medications;
- hormonal disorders;
- age-related changes;
- fungal infections (eczema, ringworm, furunculosis, psoriasis);
- aggressive handling (use of a hair dryer, ironing);
- the postpartum period.
Causes of severe hair loss in women
Pathological baldness in girls is a rare occurrence. As a rule, a strong loss of long locks is caused by numerous diets, improper care, neglect of headdresses, experiments with dyeing and curling. It is only necessary to eliminate the damaging factor, begin to strengthen, nourish the roots and a beautiful hairstyle will quickly recover. If heavy loss is not associated with low-calorie diets and recent lightening, then look for an internal cause:
- infectious diseases;
- permanent stress, chronic fatigue, depression;
- taking hormones, antidepressants, antibiotics;
- fungal infections;
- long-term use of contraceptives;
- metabolic disorders, ovarian, adrenal glands.
Alopecia with a sharp loss of strands does not appear spontaneously with a change in ecology or with the advent of autumn. The reasons for this condition lie in the large-scale changes occurring in the body, to which the hair follicles were the first to respond. The main thing is not to ignore such symptoms and begin timely treatment of alopecia. The main reasons why baldness in women occurs rapidly:
- side effects of potent drugs (antibiotics, chemotherapy);
- hormonal temporary changes in the body;
- chronic stress, prolonged depression;
- thermal damage (overheating with an iron or hairdryer);
- improper nutrition, lack of useful trace elements;
- frequent shampooing;
- perm using strong fixation means;
- during hairstyles like afro pigtails, dreadlocks, horse tails.
In women after 30
If young women rarely have problems with baldness, then by the age of 30, many begin to feel that their hair has thinned significantly. Often by this age hereditary female alopecia may appear. In contrast to male pattern baldness, when local foci are formed, here the process occurs gradually, evenly and hardly noticeable from the side. In addition, the causes of alopecia in women after 30 may be:
- disruptions in the endocrine system;
- disturbances in the gastrointestinal tract;
- nervous breakdowns;
- taking chemicals;
- infections in the genitals;
- oncological diseases;
- hormonal disorders;
- lack of sleep;
- mental overload;
- lack of vitamins;
- improper care.
What diseases do women lose hair for?
Thinning of the hairline in women is often associated with periods of sharp hormonal surges: pregnancy, puberty, lactation, menopause. This is not considered a disease in the literal sense of the word, although women in such periods may have a hormonal imbalance, causing alopecia, sometimes even leading to diffuse hair loss. The main diseases leading to baldness in women are:
- seborrhea (oily dandruff, dry skin, itching);
- fungal diseases;
- intoxication of the body;
- oncological diseases (from chemotherapy, strands can fall out in bundles, leaving strong bald patches);
- adrenal dysfunction;
- polycystic ovary;
- skin diseases;
- thyroid problems;
- poor blood supply, which is associated with osteochondrosis, atherosclerosis, cardiovascular pathologies;
Before starting treatment for hair loss, you should seek the help of a trichologist, who will determine the exact cause of the ailment. If you suspect a disease from other areas of medicine, he will refer the patient to the appropriate specialists: therapist, gynecologist, endocrinologist, dermatologist. They will confirm or exclude the presence of the disease and, if necessary, additionally prescribe studies. As a rule, after a visual examination, the doctor can recommend the following diagnostic methods:
- general blood analysis;
- thyroid hormone analysis;
- analysis for the content of androgens and genital estrogens;
- blood chemistry.
What to do if hair falls out
If the cause of alopecia is a disease or drug therapy, then it is necessary to treat the disease under the supervision of a doctor. Moderate loss of the strand can be easily cured if you start taking the vitamin complex, change your lifestyle, and reduce stress. At the same time, careful care of curls will be required (the use of natural products).
You can not self-medicate, because it will only harm the body. With any changes, you should visit a dermatologist or trichologist. Only a specialist will be able to accurately determine the cause of the loss of the lock, diagnose the disease, make tests, send, if necessary, to specialized doctors. Although for the prevention of the disease, you can use the following tips:
- remove all aggressive makeup;
- Do not tie tight braids and tails;
- normalize nutrition (it is necessary to exclude spicy and fatty foods, sugar, carbonated drinks);
- It is recommended to use vitamin complexes;
- do not use a hairdryer; ironing;
- refuse to build.
Hair loss remedy
Starting treatment for baldness at home, it should be remembered that everything should be in moderation, you can not overdo it with effective folk remedies. Depending on the severity of the problem, the type of alopecia, the general condition of the body, a specialist can prescribe cosmetics (conditioners, onion shampoos, balms, lotions, conditioners, masks, tonics), medications (injections, tablets), massage and folk remedies for hair loss : garlic, oak bark, herbs, burdock oil, yeast, onions, hops.
Modern medicine is replete with a huge number of ready-made nourishing masks that can be purchased at any pharmacy. The most popular products are: Nature Siberia, Golden Silk, Horsepower, Ekolab, Estelle, Vichy, Lady Hannah, Vella, Alerana, Kerostaz. At the same time, traditional healers also offer effective recipes for masks that contribute to the restoration and strengthening of strands in women.
Onion mask with honey is an effective remedy for hair loss. Honey has always been famous for its unique healing power, and onions for its good stimulating properties, so this composition will be as effective as possible. This mixture will make curls shiny and healthy. For this mask you will need: 5 g of honey, a couple of drops of olive oil, onion juice. Cooking:
- All components must be mixed in a glass bowl..
- If desired, you can add one yolk and beat until smooth. The resulting mixture is rubbed into the scalp using a comb.
- The mask must be left for an hour.
- After rinse with warm water.
- Wrap your head in a towel for 10 minutes.
- The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
Hair loss is often treated with special medications that should only be prescribed by a doctor. The most popular remedies are:
- Finasteride. The drug reduces testosterone in the blood, which completely eliminates the frequent loss of strands. It is taken orally and acts at the endocrine level. The medicine has side effects: allergic reactions, skin itching, urticaria.
- Minoxidil This vasodilator drug strengthens the roots and activates the structure of hair follicles. When used locally, the drug slows alopecia and stimulates the growth of new hair. It is taken twice a day, the effect will appear in 4 months. The downside of using the medication is that Minoxidil does not remove the cause of baldness.
How to wash your hair so that your hair does not fall out
For the selection of therapeutic agents, it is advisable to seek the help of a specialist. There are a number of cosmetic preparations that have positive reviews from patients, they help with moderate loss of strands:
- Phytocyan – strengthens hair follicles;
- Vichy shampoo – the composition contains Amexil, which prolongs the life of hair;
- Neopid Lotion – an indelible remedy for women who are balding due to hormonal imbalance;
- Fitostim – spray to protect against external factors;
- Derma shampoo – ideal for women with skin problems.
An additional way to treat and strengthen hair is to massage the skin, which improves blood circulation to the head. The procedure should be carried out before washing at least 3 times a week. You can do massage with a brush made of natural materials (hard rubber, wood, bristles). The procedure should begin with stroking circular movements from the temples to the forehead, to the crown and back of the head. Next, you need to make zigzag movements in the same sequence.
Aroma massage can enhance the effect of medicinal esters with intensive loss of locks. Oils have an effective therapeutic effect. This procedure involves applying a couple drops of essential oils (rosemary, sesame, black pepper) to your head. First, it is necessary to make circular rubbing movements down from the crown, then from the point of connection of the neck and skull to the forehead. Massage is contraindicated if there are fungal infections on the skin, damage, high temperature and severe hypertension.
General strengthening procedures
Modern procedures make it possible to most effectively preserve, restore the beauty and health of curls for a long time. The most effective are:
- Ozone Therapy The procedure promotes healthy hair, gives the scalp a large dose of oxygen, which stimulates metabolic processes. Therapy involves the use of several methods of exposure: injections, systemic treatment with the introduction of ozone intravenously, processing the lock with a special tool.
- Cryotherapy. Used for copious dandruff, high oily hair and baldness. The strands are exposed to low temperature (minus 160 degrees). In this case, the body experiences shock, blood vessels contract, then expand.
- Mesotherapy An effective way to improve the condition of hair follicles, provided that a good mesococktail composition and the correct number of procedures are selected.
Before you start treating alopecia, you should change your diet. For beautiful and healthy hair, a woman must definitely use foods enriched with B vitamins, amino acids, iron and zinc. The lack of variety in food leads to the appearance of lifelessness and dullness of strands. They become thin and prone to pathological loss. Products necessary for hair beauty:
- poultry meat;
- legumes (peas, beans, lentils);
- greens (celery, parsley, spinach) and vegetables (carrots, cabbage);
- dairy products (cottage cheese, kefir, yogurt);
- fruits (pomegranate, kiwi, bananas, mangoes, apples);
- whole wheat bread;
- nuts, seeds.
Treating hair loss at home may include the use of traditional medicine recipes. Proven natural remedies for generations – the first thing that women, faced with the problem of baldness, recall. Many of these drugs are truly effective when used regularly and properly:
- You can do an oil wrap. To do this, it is necessary to warm the mixture of castor and burdock oils. Gently distribute along the roots, accompanied by a light massage, and leave for several hours. Rinse off with a mild shampoo.
- The head must be rinsed with a decoction of burdock root or nettle.
- The pulp of rye bread prevents strands from falling out. The softened mass must be applied to the head. After 3 hours, wash off without using shampoo. For a greater effect during the application of the mask, herbal decoctions are suitable: nettle, chamomile, oregano, sage.
- Onion roots can be used to nourish the roots. Rub the broth 2 times a day.
To prevent problems associated with alopecia, you must adhere to the following recommendations:
- rest often;
- give up bad habits;
- avoid hypothermia and overheating;
- perform regular massage with a wooden brush;
- take care of your hair correctly (rejection of hair dryers, metal combs, tongs, irons, tight hairstyles);
- avoid stress;
- Eat in a timely manner and correctly (refusal from starvation, strict diets, vegetarianism);
- take a complex of vitamins in the fall and spring.