“Why do we need a third sink in the house?” – many owners will ask. Indeed, it is clear that in the bathroom and in the kitchen sinks are necessary, without them in any way. And the third is overkill. In fact, household, they are auxiliary, they are sinks for washing, they will come in handy, as the portal Our website will convince you.
The main difference between auxiliary, utility sinks is a simpler, industrial design. They almost never pretend to be a decorative function, they do not need to become a part of the kitchen or bathroom interior, to integrate into the countertop. This is a purely practical thing, therefore, most often auxiliary sinks are made of stainless steel, less often of cast iron, ceramics, thermoplastic and sanitary ware familiar to us in bathrooms..
In addition, household sinks are traditionally noticeably deeper than usual, so that during use, splashes do not fly around exactly on the sides, and the drain hole can be closed and the amount of water required for your needs can be collected..
Auxiliary sinks can be used:
- In laundries, laundry rooms, the arrangement of which the portal has already written about. Such separate utility rooms for washing and drying clothes are increasingly migrating from typical American homes to Russian realities. The sink is needed here to pre-wash very dirty laundry by hand and then throw it into the washing machine.
- In the hall. Just wash your dog’s shoes and paws without dragging dirt through the living rooms of the house to the bathroom.
- In the garage. A very convenient option for the home owner. You can wash your hands and tools after doing machine repairs or other household chores.
- In a home workshop. It’s also convenient to remove everything after work and put yourself in order..
- In a greenhouse, winter garden, greenhouse. It will be comfortable to transplant plants, water them, again wash your hands and tools directly on the spot.
An auxiliary sink can be installed not only in the home. It is also possible on the street, so that it is convenient to deal with plants and get rid of the need to go into the house every time to wash your hands or a shovel. Household sinks are sold usually already complete with everything you need, installed separately, the process of installation and connection to communications is simple. The average price varies from 6 to 12 thousand rubles. True, the choice of such models in our country is not so great yet..