The content of the article
- Oven trout recipes
- Whole river trout cooked in foil
- How to bake trout with potatoes
- The recipe for rainbow trout in the sleeve
- How to cook trout fillets in oven slices
- Bake trout steaks with soy sauce
- Oven baked trout with vegetables
- How many calories are in baked trout
Trout is a fish belonging to the salmon family. She is loved for her noble taste, pleasant aroma and ease of preparation. Trout has excellent tastes, which together with high nutritional value make this fish a welcome guest on our tables. Baked trout in the oven is a simple dish that every housewife can cook with only a few ingredients. But as a result of simple manipulations, a dish will come out that will act as a self-sufficient dinner or addition to the festive table.
Oven trout recipes
Trout is prepared in many ways: it is stewed, fried, smoked, pickled, salted or baked in the oven. It makes excellent second courses, appetizers, fish soups, fries and even kebabs. People who monitor the calorie content of their diet cook fish without adding oil. During cooking, the fish gives the dish its juices and fats, so it does not make sense to additionally lubricate it with oil. Like other delicate, delicate varieties of fish, trout requires certain skills, knowledge for its preparation. The step-by-step recipes below give tips and tricks for cooking a delicious dish.
Whole river trout cooked in foil
- trout carcass – up to 500 g;
- large onion – 1 pc.;
- one ripe big tomato;
- red bell pepper – 1 pc.;
- several branches of dill and parsley;
- River trout is prepared with the expectation of one carcass per serving for one person. The fish is cleaned from the insides, scales, gills are removed. The prepared carcass is thoroughly washed, dried with a kitchen paper towel, and then rubbed on top and inside with a mixture of salt and pepper.
- Salted fish is poured with the juice of half a lemon, left to marinate for a quarter of an hour.
- Meanwhile, the tomato is cut into cubes, onions in half rings, and bell pepper slices.
- Leave a few twigs of greenery for decoration, the rest – finely chopped.
- To bake one fish, you need about half a meter of foil. It is covered with a refractory form, the remaining half of the lemon is sliced into the bottom, cut into circles.
- Fish is placed on top of the lemon, in the abdomen of which sliced vegetables are placed. Season the dish with your favorite spices..
- The fish is carefully wrapped in foil so that during cooking the juices and fats do not flow in shape, but remain inside.
- A preheated oven set the temperature at 180 degrees. They cook the fish for half an hour, then unfold the foil and continue to bake in the oven under the grill for about 5-7 minutes until the appetizing crust appears. Serve garnished with sprigs of raw greens with lemon slices.
How to bake trout with potatoes
You will need:
- half a kilogram of sea trout steak or river fish carcass;
- kilogram of potatoes;
- cherry tomatoes – 400 g;
- 30 ml of olive oil;
- one large onion;
- If you use river trout, then after the initial processing (cleaning from scales, removing gills and viscera), cut the fish into portions or separate the fillet from it. It is recommended to cut marine red fish into medium-sized slices. Salt the prepared fillet, season with fish spices and dried herbs as desired.
- Peel potato tubers. Cut potatoes into large slices.
- Cover the baking dish with foil or grease with oil. At the bottom, lay onion evenly, sliced in thick rings.
- On top of the onions, place the pickled pieces of fish fillet, which are covered with a layer of potatoes.
- Sprinkle potatoes with salt, black pepper and other spices to taste.
- The last layer is cherry tomatoes.
- Bake the dish in the oven at a temperature of 190 degrees. Cooking time will be approximately 35 minutes, focus on the features of your oven. The dish will be ready as soon as the potatoes are soft.
The recipe for rainbow trout in the sleeve
- fresh rainbow trout – 1 pc. weighing no more than 1 kg;
- a couple of tablespoons of butter;
- lemon – 1 pc.;
- large table or sea salt – an incomplete teaspoon;
- freshly ground black pepper;
- several branches of parsley;
- 10 ml olive oil.
- In fish cleared of scales and viscera, remove the gills or cut off the entire head. Rinse the gutted carcass thoroughly with running water and dry.
- Mix salt with pepper. The resulting mixture rub the fish on all sides. Do not forget to spice the inside of the fish.
- Squeeze the juice from a quarter of the lemon and mix it with olive oil. Rub the fish carcass with this mixture again and leave to marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Make several cuts along the surface of the fish. In each well, place a small piece of butter and a thin mug of lemon. Place finely chopped parsley mixed with the rest of the lemon in the abdomen of the fish.
- Transfer the prepared fish to the baking sleeve, tie it. Place on a baking sheet and place in a hot oven. Cooking time – 35 minutes, the temperature in the oven – 190 degrees. Five minutes before the end of cooking, cut the sleeve and open the fish, leave it to bake for a few more minutes so that it can lightly brown.
How to cook trout fillets in oven slices
You will need:
- fish fillet – 500-600 g;
- 3 tomatoes;
- fresh champignons – 200 g;
- low-fat hard cheese – 150-200 g;
- natural Greek yogurt without flavoring – 100 ml;
- parsley – a small bunch;
- salt, a mixture of different peppers.
- If the fillet is used frozen, then it should first be thawed. Grate freshly washed, dried fillet with a mixture of freshly ground peppers with salt (preferably coarse salt is used) to taste. Leave to marinate for 5-10 minutes.
- Prepare the remaining products for further processing: cut the tomatoes into slices, mushrooms into thin plates, and grate the cheese on a coarse grater.
- Wipe off a refractory clay or ceramic baking dish with olive oil. Put the fillet evenly at a short distance from each other.
- For each piece of fish put a mug of tomato and a few plates of champignons.
- On top, the ingredients are sprinkled with grated cheese, after which they are poured with Greek yogurt, decorated with sprigs of parsley or chopped herbs.
- Prepare a dish at a temperature of 200 degrees. Cooking time is a quarter of an hour. Served trout in the oven, accompanied by a vegetable side dish, for example, leafy salad.
Bake trout steaks with soy sauce
- two trout steaks;
- soy sauce – 50-60 ml;
- natural honey – 2 tbsp. l ;
- half a large lemon;
- feathers of green onions – a small bunch;
- sesame seeds – a few tablespoons.
- The taste of this dish depends on the marinade, which will soak the fish. It is advisable to use only high-quality products for its preparation: natural soy sauce, freshly picked honey. To prepare the marinade, use lemon juice, soy sauce and honey. Mix these ingredients. If honey has thickened and does not mix well, warm it a little in a water bath until it is liquid..
- Dip steaks in cooked marinade and leave for at least half an hour. It is allowed to marinate fish at night, and bake in the oven in the morning.
- Place the pickled steaks in a refractory form, pour the rest of the marinade on top. There is a risk that the fish will burn due to honey, so it is recommended to cover the form with foil or parchment paper.
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Bake steaks for 20 minutes. Every 5-7 minutes, open the oven door and pour steaks with juice that will drain from them.
- Ready steaks are sprinkled with finely chopped green onions and sesame seeds before serving. Since this recipe for trout baking in the oven is considered a dish of Asian cuisine, it is recommended to serve steaks with rice side dish.
Oven baked trout with vegetables
You will need:
- a pound of trout fillet;
- a mixture of frozen vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, green peas, green beans, carrots, etc.) – 300 g;
- large fresh tomato;
- onion head;
- a piece of red or yellow and green bell pepper;
- a pair of garlic cloves;
- spices and olive oil;
- soy sauce – 50 ml;
- 35 ml of lemon juice;
- a teaspoon of honey;
- sweet chili sauce – 15 ml.
- In order for the trout to come out juicy and not have a fresh taste, it must be marinated in a spicy marinade. To prepare it, soy sauce is mixed with lemon juice, honey, sweet chili sauce, a pinch of salt and one clove of garlic, passed through a press.
- The fish fillet is cut into portions, washed, dried and poured with a prepared marinade. Leave in the marinade for an hour.
- Fresh vegetables are cut into large pieces: tomatoes into eight parts, onions in half rings, bell pepper rings, previously removing seeds from him.
- Frozen vegetables are left at room temperature for 10-15 minutes to thaw..
- A baking sheet with high sides is lightly greased with vegetable oil.
- In an even layer lay on the bottom the frozen ingredients, onions. Sprinkle a little salt on top.
- Spread tomatoes and bell pepper on frozen vegetables, sprinkle garlic clove chopped into small slices on top.
- The top layer of the dish is fish fillet. It is evenly spread on a vegetable pillow.
- The dish is cooked in an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Fish with vegetables is cooked for about half an hour. Serve the finished fillet with baked vegetables by pouring a drop of lemon juice on top.
How many calories are in baked trout
Trout can be safely called a dietary product. It is allowed to be used by all people who monitor their nutrition and are struggling with excess weight. Calorie fish ranges from 90 to 200 kcal. But even with such a high calorie content, it refers to products that help to lose weight. It contains a large amount of protein (about a third of the total nutritional value), useful for gaining muscle mass and fat burning. And the fat that this fish contains does not harm health and does not adversely affect the figure and body.
Calorie trout depends on the method of its preparation. The least nutritious and healthy dish will come out if the fish is baked in the oven with fresh or frozen vegetables. With this cooking method, it is not necessary to use additional fats in the form of vegetable or butter, which will positively affect the total calorie content of the dish. Nutritionists claim that fish baked in the oven with vegetables contains about 120 calories.
Also find out what macro looks like – what kind of fish, how to cook it correctly.
Trout – fish is not only tasty, but also healthy. When preparing a marine, river, or lake variety of salmon family fish, you will receive a nutritious dish that will saturate your body with vitamins, minerals, and trace elements. Useful trout for people suffering from depression, hypertension, Alzheimer’s disease or having cancer. Using step-by-step recipes with photo and video lessons, you can independently prepare a healthy dinner or a delicious lunch in the form of trout baked in the oven at home.