The content of the article
- Disability group 1
- Rights of disabled persons of the 1st group in Russia
- What should be disabled for group 1
- A set of social services
- Benefits for disabled people of the 1st group in 2018
- Benefits for persons caring for a disabled person
- Benefits for people with disabilities in Moscow
- How to apply for benefits
For some categories of citizens of the Russian Federation privileges and benefits are provided. Subjects of state assistance include persons with disabilities of the first group. At the legislative level, a number of measures have been established for their social support, which allows improving the quality of life. People with disabilities need daily help, in addition, their health requires significant funds for medicines and medical procedures. In this regard, benefits were developed for disabled people of group 1 in 2018, helping to maintain a decent standard of living.
Disability group 1
The number of people with the first group includes those who have received irreparable bodily harm or have congenital physical limitations for a full life. A person’s limited legal capacity may arise due to a serious illness or injury. In addition, group 1 is received by people who are not able to navigate on their own in space, requiring special care from other people.
From the above, an exact definition follows who belongs to the first group: people who are not capable of self-service and personal care. Such persons cannot cook their own food, perform hygiene procedures, and move freely in space (due to a violation of the musculoskeletal system). To help them, they need a guardian, who often becomes a relative (for a child, a parent).
If a person has disorientation in space, the first group of disabilities is given to him only for 2 years, after which a second examination is carried out, on the basis of which it is prolonged or not. In the presence of the aforementioned violations by a minor citizen, he is assigned the status of “disabled child of the first group.” In Russia, the monthly indexation of monthly payments for unprotected categories of citizens occurs annually: an increase in 2018 will be 4-5%.
Rights of disabled persons of the 1st group in Russia
The status of a disabled person of the first group is determined by Federal Law No. 181-FZ of November 24, 1995. According to this document, disability is granted to a person with impaired functioning of organs and systems caused by the course of diseases or injuries. As a result, there is a limitation of life, which causes the need for rehabilitation and social protection measures.
The basic right of persons with disabilities is social protection. According to the current legislation of the state, this is an inalienable right of incapacitated, inactive people. Since the disability of group 1 is given to people with severe health and body disorders, social protection measures in relation to such people are extremely necessary. These are guarantees from the state in ensuring legal. economic, social measures regarding the support of an incapacitated person in the process of his life.
Activities related to social protection are aimed at the maximum possible rehabilitation of a person, at compensation for restrictions caused by a state of health. These measures should maximize the possibilities of a person with disabilities to the capabilities of a healthy person. The rights of a disabled person of 1 category in other areas are:
- the right to medical care;
- access to information (provided by the publication of books for the blind / visually impaired, audio editions, providing access to hearing improvement techniques, specialized services of tiflos-sign and sign language interpreters);
- on the design of new buildings and structures providing unimpeded access for persons of limited legal capacity (installation of ramps in buildings, special places for parking cars, etc.);
- access to the city’s social infrastructure facilities (any social, administrative, commercial institutions are necessarily equipped with ramps, disabled citizens themselves are provided with guide dogs, wheelchairs, and the help of social workers);
- on education (it is proposed to take training at home, education is free);
- to receive housing (in addition to providing housing, persons with limited legal capacity are entitled to preferential utility tariffs);
- to work (provided by the reduced duration of labor hours – 35 per week and 7 hours per day);
- on state financial support (implemented through disability pensions, social cash payments, compensation for harm, insurance payments, benefits, etc.);
- social welfare services (the provision of domestic, medical services at the place of residence, assistance in providing drugs, prosthetics, the purchase of food, the provision of legal and notarial assistance, etc.);
- for stationary, semi-stationary services when a person is in a boarding house or boarding house, social service institution.
What should be disabled for group 1
On the territory of the Russian Federation, legislation provides for benefits for people with disabilities of the first group. They affect the social, labor, medical, educational spheres. Privileges are regulated by an impressive list of legislative acts, the violation of which entails criminal liability. In addition, additional programs are established at the regional level. This often presents some difficulties when considering privileges for persons with this disability category..
For citizens who have not reached retirement age, a monthly social pension is established. In 2018, the amount of payment is 2974 rubles. Such material assistance to disabled persons of group 1 is paid to the current account from the funds of the Pension Fund of the country every month. The size of the pension is set at the federal level; it is subject to annual increase in view of inflation..
Citizens of retirement age have a different old-age pension. In 2018, this is 11,903 rubles, including social payments. This assistance is paid regardless of how old the patient is. After assigning the first group, a person is assigned a monthly subsidy. Even students are entitled to count on retirement. In addition to her, the legally incompetent receive compensatory payments every month. In 2018, their size amounted to 3,137.6 rubles, and money can be spent on any needs without restrictions.
Funds are allocated from the federal budget to the Pension Fund, and he transfers them to the individual account of the citizen. Since not all persons with disabilities are able to receive money on their own, trustees or guardians appointed by the court for recognizing a person as legally incapable can do this for them. The role of guardians is played by family members, close or distant relatives, outsiders providing care for the legally incompetent.
A set of social services
Since the rights of persons with disabilities of category 1 are protected by law, they are entitled to receive a monthly payment simultaneously with a set of free social services. From the latter, a person has the right to refuse in favor of money, but often citizens receive an NSO. The set of social services includes the provision of prescription drugs free of charge at any state pharmacy or pharmacy that cooperates with medical institutions under a social contract. Material compensation of the NSO deprives a person of this right.
The legislation of the Russian Federation provides the 1st category incapacitated to receive a set of social services simultaneously with monthly payments, and not instead of them. In 2017-2018, the required set includes:
- free travel in public transport;
- medical prescription;
- free ticket to the dispensary, sanatorium for treatment (provided annually).
Benefits for disabled people of the 1st group in 2018
Persons who have harmed themselves due to the use of narcotic drugs or alcohol cannot apply for disability of the 1st category. So, if the examination found that while receiving an injury or a chronic disease that entailed a limitation of the functioning of organs and systems, the person was intoxicated, then he or she may be refused disability. All other citizens who have received or having the first group in 2018 will receive the following benefits:
- free medical care, necessary medicines and rehabilitation facilities;
- the right to enter into a garden partnership without precedence;
- 50% discount on electricity payments;
- the right to get a ticket to the sanatorium for the treatment of the underlying disease (the term of the ticket is from 18 to 42 days, depending on the severity of the pathology);
- free prostheses, orthopedic shoes;
- free travel in public city transport (except taxi);
- 100% compensation for the cost of round-trip tickets for a trip to the spa treatment;
- access to city infrastructures (if necessary, a trained guide dog, a means of transportation for wheelchair users);
- free dental prosthetics with future maintenance and replacement of materials;
- discounts on air tickets.
The rights of disabled people of group 1 to free education, including secondary special and higher educational institutions, are legislatively fixed. Other benefits for education for this category of citizens:
- upon successful passing the exams, a person with limited mobility may receive a higher or secondary specialized education out of competition);
- 50% increased scholarship;
- the provision of specialized literature and other additional training aids;
- sign language interpreter services for studies in a secondary vocational or higher educational institution (free of charge).
Persons with disabilities have the right to demand the improvement of living conditions legally. For example, wheelchairs should be provided with special ramps to the house, as well as widened doorways in the communal area and directly in the apartment. In order to realize this, it is necessary to apply with a written application to the Social Security Administration or the guardianship authorities. On behalf of the beneficiary, trustees / guardians and members of his family can apply.
If it is impossible to exercise this right, a change of place of residence to a more suitable one may be proposed. In addition to improving housing conditions, persons with limited legal capacity are not allowed to pay property tax on individuals, this applies to real estate, including land. The privilege extends exclusively to the legally incompetent, and his family members are not exempted from payment.
The laws of the Russian Federation imply the possibility of obtaining land for conducting private farmsteads or individual construction of housing for category 1 disabled people without a queue. A land plot is allocated from among municipal lands for free. Other housing benefits:
- 50% discount on utility bills;
- free improvement of living conditions (installation of ramps, holders, expansion of openings);
- the provision of separate housing due to pathology (with a general disease of a chronic type);
- exemption from tax payments on real estate (starting in 2018);
- concession for the payment of state duty during the transaction of the sale of real estate.
In addition to the free provision of medicines included in the set of social services, people with disabilities are provided with the following benefits:
- free prosthetics with domestic materials in medical institutions and clinics of the country;
- free travel to the place of treatment without payment, regardless of its remoteness from the place of residence of a citizen, but within the Russian Federation;
- providing necessary auxiliary devices such as crutches, strollers and orthopedic shoes;
- selection of a guide dog if available and necessary;
- free sanitary and preventive annual rest (1 escort is allowed, which also does not pay for accommodation).
In the coming 2018, some changes will be made in the amount of cash payments for different categories of people with disabilities. The state will increase material assistance by about 4-5% or more, depending on the specific region. Discounts are provided for the purchase of essential food items. The following benefits are offered to this category of citizens:
- exemption from property tax;
- if a person with a disability owns a land plot, the tax on it will be reduced by 10 thousand rubles;
- when paying for notarial services, the amount of privilege will be 50%;
- with a car power of up to 150 HP, the tax rate will be reduced by half from the base (tax is not paid if the vehicle was purchased and intended exclusively for an incapable citizen);
- people with disabilities of the 1st group are exempted from the duty on property claims in the amount of 1 million rubles.
Benefits for persons caring for a disabled person
Care is entitled to carry out able-bodied, unemployed persons: both relatives and outsiders (guardians). Help of this kind gets:
- an incompetent person with a disability of group 1;
- disabled child and childhood disabled.
In 2017-2018, any payments to persons who have taken care of a legally incompetent person are made simultaneously with a disability pension. The standard amount of care payments is 1,200 rubles. Guardians or parents of a minor with a disability are entitled to 5,500 rubles. Citizens living in regions with difficult climates are additionally set with regional coefficients.
If a person is caring for two or more persons at the same time, payments are due for each of them. If the caregiver has extra income, compensation is discontinued. When jointly owning property with a category 1 disabled person, the following benefits are provided to a person:
- free trips to the sanatorium;
- abolition of property tax, reduction of the rate of land duties;
- 50% reduction in transport tax;
- benefits for utilities (50%).
Benefits for people with disabilities in Moscow
In 2018, the capital budget allocated a lot of funds to index the payments of citizens with disabilities of the first group. The table contains more detailed information on benefits for Muscovites:
Compensation for a person caring for a disabled child.
Monthly until the ward reaches 23 years.
12 000 rubles
Compensation for non-working parents who have a disability of category 1 or 2 per child up to adulthood.
Monthly until the 18th birthday.
12 000 rubles
Payment for the purchase of a set of clothes for a child during the period of study.
10 000 rubles
Assistance to participants of the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945 who received disabilities to compensate for the purchase of essential food.
Assistance to people with disabilities who have been injured during the Second World War and who have not worked out a seniority to receive a full old-age pension / for length of service.
Assistance to persons who have disabilities since childhood injured during the Second World War.
Assistance to disabled women of the Second World War and participants.
How to apply for benefits
To receive benefits from the state, you need to contact the department of social protection of the population, submitting documents. The list of papers required for this includes:
- passport and several copies;
- a certificate with a medical certificate and data on the assignment of disability;
- the original and a couple of copies of the work book;
- paper with an individual rehabilitation program (you can get it when registering a disability group).
Papers must be taken within 3 days to the Pension Fund office at the place of residence. It’s better not to miss the deadlines, otherwise delaying the process will result in the appointment of the receipt of fresh references. Since not only pension payments, but also social fixed payments are indexed annually, a person with seniority can still receive a special increase.
To do this, you need to contact the Pension Fund and social security offices for the latest information on payments in a specific region. This is important to do in order to achieve full financial assistance and benefits. The first non-working category of disability is assigned unconditionally for such diseases:
- complete loss of vision (in both eyes);
- cancerous tumors in the stage of metastases;
- amputation of limbs;
- musculoskeletal paralysis;
- renal pathology, resulting in severe chronic organ failure;
- congenital absence of internal organs.