The content of the article
- Is retirement age a reason for dismissal
- Regulatory framework
- Conclusion of fixed-term contracts
- The rights of a working pensioner
- Benefits and Benefits
- How to fire a pensioner in 2018
- Of my own free will
- At the initiative of the employer
- By agreement of the parties
- When is mining mandatory?
- The order of dismissal of pensioners of their own free will
- How to make a statement
- What payments are due
- Right to Additional Payments
- The rules for the dismissal of pensioners in the reduction of staff in 2018
- Benefits and Compensations According to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation
- In what cases the amount of compensation allowance is 2-week earnings
- Features of compensation to employees of the Far North
Not every employer agrees that retirees work in the staff of the enterprise, and although people of advanced age have extensive experience, they often try to get rid of them. Meanwhile, legislation directly prohibits such discrimination, giving older people the same rights as other employees of the company. Before dismissing a pensioner in 2018, the director of the company should thoroughly study the legislation on this issue (or submit an online application for legal advice) in order to avoid violations and penalties from the labor inspectorate.
Is retirement age a reason for dismissal
It is widely believed that reaching retirement age is the reason for the dismissal of an employee “for a well-deserved rest,” but this is not at all the case. According to Russian law, for men, the retirement period in 2018 is 60 years, for women – 5 years less (at the same time, the nature of the appointment of such social benefits is possible), but nothing prevents them from continuing to work. If the employer tries to dismiss a pensioner without his consent, explaining this by age limits, then the labor inspectorate will quickly restore justice.
According to legislative norms, the dismissal of a pensioner in 2018 does not differ from the termination of contractual relations with other categories of employees. After the retirement age, all the norms of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation (Labor Code of the Russian Federation) continue to apply to a working person, but at the same time the state provides for a number of exemptions that facilitate the process of work and care for a well-deserved rest. For example, guaranteed extraordinary leave of up to 14 days without pay and dismissal without two-week work.
In order for the dismissal of a pensioner in 2018 to take place without violations, the employer needs to know the legal requirements well. Depending on the specific situation, these standards will be regulated:
- Federal Law of December 28, 2013 No. 400-ФЗ “On Insurance Pensions”;
- Federal Law of December 17, 2001 No. 173-ФЗ “On Labor Pensions in the Russian Federation”;
- Articles 80, 81 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation.
Conclusion of fixed-term contracts
This type of working relationship has a clearly defined time frame (up to 5 years according to Article 59 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation), determined by the period specified in the contract. Such an agreement is convenient for the employer, because it simplifies the termination of employment, does not require severance pay and is easily used as a means of age discrimination.
When taking a job, a person is interested in establishing a long-term working relationship. Conclusion of a fixed-term contract will be a convenient way to get rid of a retired employee who will not be well protected socially and legally, which is why such a form of employment is permissible only with the voluntary consent of the job seeker. At the same time, the employer should be aware that the unlawful conclusion of a fixed-term contract is easily appealed in court, relying on Article 77 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation.
The rights of a working pensioner
According to Russian law, an employee of retirement age is not limited in any way in comparison with other employees, on the contrary, he has a certain superiority, which should be taken into account when leaving. Among these advantages are the lack of working out and the possibility of obtaining pensions while continuing to work.
Benefits and Benefits
In accordance with current legislation, a working pensioner has more opportunities than his colleagues. These are benefits such as:
- Possibility of termination of the contract without warning the employer in two weeks if the reason is going on a well-deserved rest. This is determined by article 137 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation and removes questions such as “Can a pensioner quit without working out?” That may arise in the personnel department of an enterprise.
- The right to receive a pension (but while a person is working, this category of payments is not subject to annual indexation).
- Receiving an additional 14-day vacation at your own expense.
How to fire a pensioner in 2018
For a human resources employee, the dismissal of a pensioner in 2018, in the same way as in previous years, should be based on legislative norms. At the same time, termination of labor relations is not allowed with an infringement of the rights of the employee due to his age – this will be regarded by the court as discrimination. In accordance with the current Russian legislation, the following options for termination of relations are possible:
- on their own;
- at the initiative of the employer;
- by agreement of the parties.
Of my own free will
Retirement of an employee of a retirement age does not differ from the termination of working relations with other employees, except that such an employee is relieved of two-week working off. For this, the prepared application must contain an indication that the employment relationship is terminated due to retirement. If then a person of retirement age gets a job again, then at the next termination of relations with the employer, this benefit will no longer be for him – according to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, it is provided only once.
The dismissal of a pensioner in 2018 for financially responsible persons has its own characteristics. In this case, the termination of work involves an inventory and transfer of entrusted property to a successor or employer, and the resigning person must warn the manager in advance (two weeks). This is done using a statement..
At the initiative of the employer
Although the law does not allow the dismissal of a pensioner in 2018 due to reaching the appropriate age, there are other options for terminating a working relationship on the initiative of the employer. Legally permitted cases include termination of the contract:
- due to the liquidation of the enterprise or the termination of the activities of an individual entrepreneur;
- due to staff reductions;
- if the employee does not comply with the position held;
- in case of violation of internal regulations or theft of property.
The first two reasons are the most common. If desired / necessary, reduce the employee on the initiative of the employer or dismiss him because of the liquidation of the organization, the personnel department is obliged to notify the employee about this in two months. Termination of the reduction contract provides for a change in the staffing structure of the organization, where the previous position should be absent. An employer needs to know that staff reductions cannot be used as a way to get rid of retirees – directors can be held administratively liable for this..
Another prerequisite is that when a pensioner is dismissed in 2018 to reduce staff or liquidate an enterprise, accounting is obligated to make all necessary payments to the employee according to the law. This includes the payment of a two-month salary and compensation for unused vacation. Alternatively, when reducing staff, the employee is offered a different position. With the consent of the employee, he does not quit, but is transferred to this specialty.
If the dismissal of a working pensioner in 2018 is due to a mismatch of the position, then this decision should be supported by relevant documentation. It refers to:
- the conclusion of the medical board on a change in the state of health, excluding the possibility of fulfilling work duties (a medical examination is necessary regardless of whether the employee is disabled or not);
- documented low level of qualification found during professional recertification.
Violation of the internal routine (for example, drunk appearance at the workplace) or material damage to the organization (for example, theft of property) are legally considered as reasons for the termination of the employment contract. In this case, the incident must be documented accordingly – an act is prepared and written clarifications are received from the guilty employee. Based on these documents, the director must decide and issue an order.
By agreement of the parties
The dismissal of a pensioner in 2018 by agreement of the parties should occur in accordance with Article 77 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation, while both the employer and the employee himself can act as the initiator. Depending on the reasons, the advantages of this form of termination of employment include:
- the possibility of the absence in the application of the reason for termination of employment;
- a favorable alternative to the termination of the employment contract due to the fault of the employee, “unspoiled” workbook
- extension of continuous experience for another 1 month;
- the possibility of obtaining more acceptable conditions (amount of compensation, etc.) than upon dismissal “of one’s own will”.
When is mining mandatory?
Although, according to Russian law (Article 80 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation), the dismissal of a pensioner in 2018 does not provide for a two-week working time, there are exceptional cases. These include situations of termination of a working relationship:
- by agreement of the parties, when it is required to find a new employee in the vacant seat;
- if a retired employee retiring is a financially responsible person, and an inventory with transfer of cases is required;
- when an employee has already once exercised the right to preferential dismissal without practicing.
The order of dismissal of pensioners of their own free will
Although this form of termination of labor obligations is the most common case for employers, the dismissal of a pensioner requires attention from both the personnel services of the enterprise and the employee himself. In order to properly go on vacation, the employee needs:
- Determine the date of termination of employment and write a statement indicating the date of completion of the work and the wording “in connection with retirement”. The situation may require working out (for example, for inventory), it is necessary to take this into account when calculating, so that the extra time at work does not come as a surprise.
- The application is handed to the employer (preferably with a signature on receipt on the second copy of the document). The director may require that a copy of documents (for example, a pension certificate) be attached to the application – labor legislation does not indicate such an obligation of the resigning employee anywhere, therefore, compliance with this requirement is at his discretion.
- The director must issue an appropriate order terminating the employment relationship from a specified date.
- By the time of termination of employment, the accounting department calculates all the necessary payments.
- On the last day of work, the resigning employee receives a calculation and a work book. In some cases, money can be transferred not on the last day, but a little later – when other employees receive a salary.
How to make a statement
Although there is no legislatively established application form, certain points must be reflected in it. These include:
- Surname and initials of the head of the organization and his position.
- Surname and initials of the applicant, his position indicating the unit.
- The word “Statement” in the center.
- Text indicating the date of termination of employment.
- If an employee claims to receive benefits – the absence of a two-week work-off, then he must indicate the reason for the termination of employment – “in connection with retirement”.
- The statement ends with the date of writing and signature.
What payments are due
When a pensioner is dismissed in 2018, he is entitled to a number of payments and compensations – some of them are mandatory by law, but there are also payments entirely dependent on the employer. Terminating the employment relationship, the employee must receive:
- salary for hours worked without generating debt from the employer;
- compensation for unused vacation (calculated by accounting on the basis of average daily income).
Right to Additional Payments
In addition to statutory transfers, retirement benefits can be set by the employer himself (for example, this includes an additional retirement benefit, the amount of which is not regulated by law). But there are also additional payments established by the Labor Code of the Russian Federation that an employee receives upon dismissal to reduce staff or liquidate an organization – this is a benefit of two monthly salaries (if the employee was engaged in seasonal work, the compensation payment will be less).
The rules for the dismissal of pensioners in the reduction of staff in 2018
When the staff of the enterprise is reduced, people of retirement age are dismissed on a common basis. At the same time, the imaginary reduction aimed at formalizing the retirement of the pensioner with the least losses for the organization is not legitimate – the previous position should be removed from the staffing table so that a new employee cannot be hired to this place. The director must follow the following procedure:
- An announcement to the employee (under signature) about changes in the staffing plan two months before dismissal.
- Preparation of an order to change the staffing due to the reduction of certain posts.
- Determination of whether an employee can occupy other vacant positions at the enterprise (in some cases, this is prescribed in the employment contract as a benefit if there is a long work experience at the enterprise). If the employee agrees, the dismissal procedure is replaced by a transfer to a new position. A proposal for a new job is made in writing – if the conditions do not suit the employee, he can refuse them, which returns the process to formalizing the dismissal procedure.
- Calculation of all payments necessary for the employee in accordance with the Labor Code of the Russian Federation (salaries, compensation for unused vacation, benefits in the amount of two-month salary). If the organization has additional benefits for those leaving on a well-deserved rest, they are also added to the total amount.
Benefits and Compensations According to the Labor Code of the Russian Federation
Care for a well-deserved rest implies full settlement with an employee. On the last business day, when staff reductions, he should be paid:
- Wages for hours worked in the current month.
- In the presence of unused vacation – compensation for it.
- The allowance in the amount of a two-month salary. In some cases, payment is also made for the third month (for example, with the assistance of the labor exchange – according to the Ministry of Finance Letter No. 03-03-04 / 1/123 of November 30, 2005, employment centers do not have the right to refuse persons of retirement age to issue certificates of absence required vacancies).
- Additional benefits not provided for by the Labor Code of the Russian Federation – their payment will be regulated by internal regulations.
In what cases the amount of compensation allowance is 2-week earnings
In certain cases, labor law provides for a reduced amount of compensation payments upon dismissal. The allowance in the amount of a two-week salary is paid in situations:
- if the employee’s work was seasonal;
- if on his part there is a refusal to transfer to another organization by agreement between employers.
Features of compensation to employees of the Far North
Article 318 of the Labor Code of the Russian Federation declares state guarantees for workers in the Far North (and equivalent territories of closed administrative units and areas from a special list) in the event of dismissal due to reduction of staff or liquidation of the organization. In this case, the dismissed employees receive the right to payments in the amount of salary for the period of employment, but not more than six months.