The content of the article
- Core skills
- Extra skills
- Examples of professional skills in a resume
- Manager skills
- Bank employee
- Professional skills in a resume without experience
- Common mistakes
To get a job, a person must present himself correctly. Be sure to compile a resume, which indicates a brief biography of the applicant and lists the professional skills that he possesses. To a certain extent depends on the correct execution of this document – whether a person will get a job or not..
The main signs of a good resume are presentability and conciseness.
It should list those professional skills that correspond to the vacancy. There is a list of the main characteristics that every modern applicant should have. They are divided into 4 groups. In the first category, communicative:
- competent written and spoken language;
- resolution of conflicts, disputes;
- ability to convince;
- work with objections, claims;
- ability to speak in public.
The second category is organizational ability. They are important for many posts. The group includes such professional knowledge:
- time management;
- project management;
- strategic planning;
- work in multitasking mode;
- processing large volumes of information.
The third category includes leadership traits. List:
- personnel Management;
- generation of ideas;
The fourth group – applied skills necessary for a particular profession. Scroll:
- PC ownership
- “Blind set”;
- handling of office equipment;
- knowledge of the MS Office software package;
- knowledge of GOSTs, SNIPs;
- business correspondence;
- ability to work with legal bases, knowledge of legislation;
- Knowledge of foreign languages;
- personnel production.
There are professional skills, the presence of which is encouraged, although not considered mandatory. What additional skills can be listed in the resume:
- attention to detail;
- analytic skills;
- managerial abilities.
Examples of professional skills in a resume
Sometimes it is very difficult to understand which skills are basic, which ones are optional, and which is even better to transfer to the “About Me” section or not to mention. Below are examples of professional skills that can be included in a resume for vacancies:
- a leader;
- an engineer;
- a bank employee;
This position has many branches, which affects the list of skills that you need to possess while occupying it. There are vacancies for sales, procurement, training, staffing, etc. There are a number of common qualities that are important for the performance of official duties. In the resume for the position of manager, you can indicate the following skills:
- work with objections;
- conflict resolution;
- PC knowledge;
- processing large amounts of information;
- sales experience;
- work with office equipment, communications;
- communication in accordance with the rules of etiquette;
- knowledge of the relevant market;
- building stable relationships with customers, suppliers, staff.
All actions of the person holding this position should be aimed at establishing the effective work of the enterprise.
In the resume, the applicant can indicate the following specialized skills:
- ability to convince, motivate;
- knowledge of foreign languages (with listing and level of knowledge);
- selection, training, personnel control at all stages of the work process;
- level of ownership of a personal computer (be sure to list in which programs it can work);
- strategic thinking;
- critical thinking;
- ability to resolve conflicts;
- delegation of authority;
- management of temporary, human resources;
- forecasting, strategic planning;
- search for non-standard management decisions;
- organizational skills.
A person holding such a position must have a higher education and an analytical mindset. In the resume on the vacancy of an economist, you can indicate the following professional skills and knowledge:
- PC ownership (with a list of acquired programs, especially specialized ones);
- accounting of company performance indicators;
- maintaining bank accounts of individuals, legal entities;
- knowledge of foreign languages (with enumeration, level);
- economic analysis;
- Planning, maintaining and accounting of payments;
- work with electronic reporting, translations;
- maintenance, conclusion of contracts;
- documenting operations;
- maintaining and submitting reports in accordance with the rules and terms.
To occupy this position, you need to have many skills. What can be included in the resume:
- PC ownership, specialized programs (Compass, AutoCAD);
- organization of construction and repair processes, management at all stages;
- knowledge of regulatory documents, laws and acts in the field of engineering design;
- verification of design documentation;
- conducting daily quality control, accounting for the volume of work performed;
- processing of tender documentation;
- development of engineering projects;
- drawing up contracts, additional agreements;
- maintaining technical documentation;
- work with providers;
- reading and drawing up drawings;
- knowledge of the specifics of mechanisms of varying complexity.
The teacher and educator are special professions that require great dedication. For applicants for these vacancies, both specialized skills and personal qualities are equally important. When compiling a resume for the position of teacher, you can list those of these characteristics that you possess:
- knowledge of modern teaching technologies;
- experience of tutoring, individual lessons;
- wide outlook;
- effective communication skill;
- flexibility, tolerance in communication;
- making decisions;
- organization, planning;
- critical thinking.
Position, as a rule, involves constant communication with people. To obtain it, you may need such professional knowledge:
- sales experience;
- tact, tolerance;
- time management;
- effective communication – the ability to listen to the interlocutor and give competent advice;
- grammatically correct speech;
- learning ability, easy assimilation of new information;
- ability to motivate and convince;
- work with objections, search for compromises.
The list of skills that a person holding this position should have is very large and can vary depending on the narrow specialization..
Professional knowledge that can be listed in the CV for an accountant vacancy:
- conducting settlements, reconciliation acts;
- knowledge of relevant legislation;
- accounting and tax accounting;
- knowledge of the Client-Bank system and specialized programs;
- accounting entries;
- analytical thinking;
- preparation and submission of reports;
- inventory taking;
- knowledge of the principles of calculating vacation pay, sick leave;
- work with primary documents.
Professional skills in a resume without experience
If you have not had time to work anywhere, this does not mean at all that you do not have any skills. What knowledge can be reflected in the resume to people who do not have professional experience:
- possession of PC, computer programs;
- theoretical and practical knowledge in the field of mathematical modeling, marketing analysis, sociology (any direction in which you received your education, passed practice);
- experience in conducting sociological research (can be obtained in the process of study);
- knowledge of foreign languages (English, Spanish, etc.);
- skills acquired at one or another part-time job (optional);
- the presence of a thesis with a rating of “excellent”.
Resume writing should be approached very responsibly, because your career and future depend on it. When designing a document, avoid these errors:
- The optimal number of points is from 6 to 9. If you write too few skills, then the personnel manager or company manager may think that you do not have enough qualifications to take a position. If there are too many of them, then the document will raise doubts at all. A specialist may think that you have listed the knowledge that you do not own.
- Do not write professional skills that are not related to a specific vacancy, even if you are very proud of them.
- Do not add personal qualities and character traits to the item “Professional skills”. There is a separate section for them..
- Write about each professional skill not abstractly, but specifically, for example, “Experience in wholesale sales – 5 years.” Operate with the words “I own”, “I know”, “I have experience”.
- Do not forget the principle of relevance. Key skills write first, additional then.
- Avoid template phrases, stamps.