The content of the article
- How to cook
- How much to bake
- In foil
- With sour cream
- In the oven
- Under the cheese
- With vegetables
- With potato
- Chef Tips
Seafood is rich in vitamins, minerals, phosphorus and other trace elements, so it is so important to eat fish at least twice in seven days. Unfortunately, not everyone can often enjoy salmon or lobster, so many prefer the more representative representative of the marine fauna – cod.
How to cook
Before baking fish, it must first be prepared: peel, gut, chop. The main advantage of the fish is its small scales, which can be quickly and easily removed with even a slightly sharpened knife. In many stores, prepared fillet is sold, but this product is slightly more expensive than a whole fish. Before cooking cod in the oven, you do not need to remove the skin, as it contains vitamins and delicious juice. Remove the spine from the back and divide the carcass into two identical fillets.
How much to bake
All novice cooks need to know how much to bake cod in the oven. This is a very important point, because in an insufficient amount of time the heat does not have time to penetrate to the middle of the fillet, and if you over-hold the fish, it will become dry and tasteless. In order not to miss the moment, use the timer on the oven or even a regular clock. The optimal baking time is 30-35 minutes, and if the whole fish, then you can add another 5-10 minutes.
The list of cod dishes, which is used by most housewives, is scarce, and you can cook almost anything from this fish. The secret is simple – the use of auxiliary provisions (vegetables, eggs, cheese, other dairy products) and spices that will complete the already unrivaled taste of Atlantic fish. Let’s look at some popular recipes that will make a cod dish as mouth-watering as in the photo of cooking magazines.
One of the easiest ways to cook using the oven is baking in foil. Using this material, any housewife will be able to preserve all the nutrients contained in the fish, reveal the taste of the dish, keep the kitchen clean and reduce the consumption of oil used. You can add to the fish baked in foil anything you like, starting with all kinds of spices and ending with vegetables for a side dish, or, according to a simple recipe, with salt and pepper.
- fish – 1 fish;
- carrot – 50 g;
- parsley – a bunch;
- oil (drain) – 2 tbsp. l .;
- lemon juice – 30 g;
- onion – 1 head;
- salt – 1 tsp;
- black pepper, mustard – if necessary.
- First, wash the fish, clean the scales, cut off the head and gut.
- Rub the inside with salt and pepper.
- Spread a thin layer of mustard.
- Sprinkle lemon juice on the fish on both sides.
- Wash the carrots, peel and cut into strips.
- Chop onions into half rings, and finely chop the parsley with a knife.
- Fry vegetables lightly in a pan.
- Set the oven to heat 190 degrees.
- Spread the foil sheet in parallel and grease it with butter.
- Put the fish on the foil, and bend slightly up the edges of the sheet so that juice does not leak.
- Start the fish with half the vegetables and sprinkle the fish with the other half.
- Bake for half an hour at 180 degrees.
- Serve baked fish to the table.
With sour cream
Often, housewives use dairy products as a marinade for baking fish. At the same time, a delicious dish of tender fish meat, saturated with sour cream or cream, should be obtained. Well-known chefs and chefs advise using homemade, environmentally friendly milk, but if it is not possible to buy it, then grocery products will work well and will not spoil the dish. The recipe for cod baked in sour cream is very simple..
- fish – 1 kg;
- sour cream – 150 g;
- onion – 1 head;
- lemon – half;
- mayonnaise – 50 g;
- cream – 70 ml;
- salt, seasonings – to taste;
- tomatoes – 2 pcs.
- Profile the fish: with a sharp knife, separate the meat from the skin, remove the bones (to simplify the procedure, you can buy fillets in the store).
- Rub the fillet with salt and pepper, keep it in the cold for an hour.
- Meanwhile, peel the onion, cut it into half rings.
- Wash the tomatoes, cut into slices.
- Put the fish on the foil, sprinkle with lemon juice (freshly squeezed).
- Top the fillet with tomatoes and then onions..
- Mix sour cream, cream and mayonnaise.
- Pour the resulting sauce on top of the onion.
- Put the whole filling in foil or a baking sleeve, send the future dish to be baked in a preheated oven to 180 degrees.
- Serve baked fish to the table with mashed potatoes and a glass of white dry wine.
In the oven
A truly royal dinner can be considered a beautifully browned steak in the oven, served with delicious creamy sauce. Not only will the dish look like in the photo of cooking magazines, but also the taste of sea fish will be excellent. If the hostess makes a steak from whole cod, then you need to consider the width of the sliced pieces. The optimal limit for sending to the oven to a thickness is the limit of 1.5 centimeters, which will allow the seafood to bake completely or not to dry out.
- steak – 2 pcs.;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- lemon – 0.5 pcs.;
- honey – 1 tsp;
- turmeric – a pinch;
- wine (white dry.) – 190-100 g;
- salt / pepper – to taste;
- olive oil – 1 tbsp. l .;
- fish seasoning (white pepper, dry mustard, rosemary, thyme, lemon peel) – 0.5 tsp;
- potato chips – 10 g.
- Salt the steaks, sprinkle with lemon juice, grate seasoning.
- Peel the onion, cut into ringlets.
- Triangle cut lemon.
- Soften the onion by lightly frying it in a pan with olive oil.
- Place lemon, turmeric, pepper in a pan, mix well and simmer for 5 minutes over low heat..
- Put steaks soaked in seasonings on the baking dish.
- On top of the meat, lay the onion lemon.
- Send the future dish to the oven preheated to 190 degrees for 15 minutes.
- Grind the potato chips while the fish is cooking..
- Sprinkle steaks with them, bake another 10 minutes.
- Serve to the table.
Under the cheese
Imagine that in the restaurant you are served the most delicate snow-white fish fillet under a crispy cheese crust, drenched in a creamy sauce. Such a delicious dish can be easily prepared at home and to please all households. Cod baked with cheese is a diet dish that is suitable for those who monitor the consumption of calories and keep their figure in perfect condition. Before you cook dinner, be sure to think about adding vegetables. For example, baked fish with cheese blends wonderfully with tomatoes.
- fish fillet – 500 g;
- cheese (hard varieties) – 150 g;
- tomato – 1 pc.;
- salt, black pepper, rosemary – to taste;
- oil (drain) – 1 tbsp. l .;
- lemon juice – 30 g.
- Put the washed fillet in a baking dish, pour with lemon juice, grate with seasonings.
- Wash the tomato, cut into circles.
- Grate the baking dish with butter (creamy), put the fish.
- Put the tomatoes on top.
- Grate the cheese on a coarse grater, sprinkle the future dish.
- Put the mold in the oven (180 degrees), bake for half an hour.
- Serve baked fish with mashed potatoes.
Another example of a great dish is fish baked with vegetables. You can use any fruits to your taste: tomatoes, peppers, zucchini, broccoli, carrots, etc. The more vegetables, the more useful the dinner. Before cooking, the plant provisions must be washed, peeled / peeled, and peeled (if required). Cod baked with vegetables is simply cooked.
- cod (fillet) – 0.7 kg;
- onion – 2 pcs.;
- sweet pepper – 2 pcs.;
- garlic – 2 cloves;
- broccoli – 100 g;
- oil (olive) – 20 g;
- salt / pepper – optional.
- Wash pepper, peel, cut into half rings.
- Peel the onion, cut into slices.
- Press the garlic, and chop the kohlrabi and broccoli with a knife.
- Place all vegetables in one bowl, mix with salt / pepper.
- Put vegetables on a baking sheet, and cod on top, pour oil.
- Put in the oven (180 degrees) for 40 minutes, turning the fish in the process.
The most versatile and popular side dish for fish or meat is potatoes. This vegetable, how not to cook it (mashed potatoes, fried, stewed, boiled), will complement the dish with its familiar and unique taste. Baked cod with potatoes is the best choice for any housewife who wants to nourish her household satisfyingly, both at an ordinary family dinner and during a festive feast.
- cod (fillet) – 500 g;
- potatoes – 600 g;
- onions – 1 pc.;
- rosemary – 1 sprig;
- salt / pepper – to taste;
- garlic – 1 clove;
- olive oil – 2 tbsp. l.
- Wash the potatoes, peel, cut into slices.
- Cut the fillet into medium cubes.
- Chop onion, rosemary, garlic with a knife.
- Mix all the ingredients in a heat-resistant form, greasing it with olive oil.
- Salt / Pepper.
- Bake for 40 minutes at a temperature of 180-190 degrees.
As a rule, a fish casserole is prepared from fillet, which must be cut into small pieces. The composition of such a dish must necessarily include milk and eggs, so that the meal turns out to be lush and light. You can add any vegetables to the cod casserole, but it is better to make the classic version with a crispy cheese crust. Everyone and even children who don’t really like seafood will enjoy the dish.
- cod fillet – 400 g;
- milk – 150 g;
- egg – 3 pcs.;
- hard cheese – 100 g;
- salt / pepper – optional;
- parsley to taste.
- First, cut the fillet into small pieces.
- Beat eggs and milk until smooth, add salt / pepper.
- Lubricate the baking dish with oil (any), lay the fish slices.
- Pour the milk and egg mass into a container and sprinkle with chopped parsley on top.
- Cook for half an hour at 190 degrees.
- Rub the cheese on a medium grater and sprinkle them with a casserole.
- After that, cook the dish for 10 minutes, until it is covered with a crust..
If the family often likes to eat seafood, then you can diversify the diet by preparing fish cod cakes in the oven. For such a dish, additional equipment will be needed – a meat grinder or a blender. Ready minced fish is not easy to buy, so you will need to do it yourself. How to cook juicy and soft cod cutlets with an oven? Very simple!
- minced fish – 0.5 kg;
- egg – 1 pc.;
- onion – 1 head;
- bread – 2 slices;
- sour cream – 1 tbsp. l .;
- vegetable oil – 1 tsp;
- salt / pepper – to taste.
- Grind onions and bread (crumbs).
- In a separate container, mix minced cod, onion, sour cream, egg and bread crumbs, bring to a homogeneous mass.
- Let it sweep for half an hour to infuse, and then form small cutlets with your hands.
- Place them in a heat-resistant dish, pre-lubricating it with vegetable oil.
- Preheat the oven to 160 degrees, place the dish for 25-35 minutes (depending on the size of the cutlets).
- Serve the baked cutlets to the table.
A few useful tips from experienced chefs on how to cook cod in an oven:
- Choose only fresh fish, and it is better to take it whole and make fillet from it yourself.
- If you cook baked meatballs, then douse your hands with cold water when sculpting, since it will be more convenient to form.
- Before baking cod in the oven, prepare for it a batter of eggs and flour – so the dish will remain juicy inside and get a crisp.
- If foil is used in the preparation of cod, do not forget to open it 10 minutes before the end of baking – the dish is covered with a delicate crust.