The content of the article
- How to cook pot roasts
- How much to cook
- Pot roast recipes
- With potato
- With mushrooms
- Beef with vegetables
- Pork meat
- Roast chicken
- With buckwheat
- With cheese
- With barley
- With prunes
- Oven in pots with meat in the oven – cooking secrets
The taste of dishes cooked on the stove, even using cast iron utensils, and in the oven – varies greatly. If you once tasted meat stewed in a pot, you will remember it forever and want to learn how to cook such a dish yourself. What moments determine the taste and appearance of a perfect roast?
How to cook pot roasts
If you have never tried to work with such utensils, you may have many questions about the process. In reality, the principle of action is no more complicated than with a stove. Cooking meat in pots in the oven is as follows:
- If the recipe involves the use of cereals, they are pre-soaked. Boil optional.
- The meat is cut into small pieces, vegetables can be slightly larger, as they cook faster.
- The meat can be pre-fried, boiled or stewed until half cooked, to reduce the cooking time for the oven.
- Pots are filled either with layers or with an arbitrary mixture. Add water or broth there, preventing it from reaching the edge – when boiling, it can pour out.
- The filled pots are put in the oven, after which it turns on. When the desired temperature is dialed, a timer is set.
- After turning off the oven, the pots are allowed to stand for about an hour, so that the meat comes on its own.
How much to cook
Even professionals will not name the exact baking time unless there is a specific recipe in front of them. How much to cook meat in pots in the oven depends on a number of factors:
- Pre-fried or boiled can be baked in half an hour.
- If you have raw meat, then for lamb and duck it will be 1.5 hours, and for pork and beef – an hour.
- The larger the pieces, the longer they will bake.
Pot roast recipes
Below are ways to work with several types of meat – from simple and understandable chicken to rarely used lamb. Choose your favorite recipe for meat in pots in the oven and try to follow it yourself. The photos that accompany each algorithm will help you deal with the nuances of cutting and bookmarking products, serving ready meals.
This recipe is considered to be classic for most housewives – it’s so hot, albeit with some minor modifications, each of them has cooked more than once. The recipe is so simple that you do not need step-by-step instructions and a photo – the whole algorithm is explained by a couple of phrases. The only thing that matters is the quality of the meat and herbs that you choose for him: try not to go too far with them.
- potatoes – 4-5 pcs.;
- meat – 400 g;
- bulb onions;
- sour cream – 2/3 cup;
- cloves of garlic – 2 pcs.;
- a bunch of greenery;
- coarse salt;
- dry herbs.
- Chop meat and potatoes with equal cubes. Grate with herbs and coarse salt. Leave for half an hour.
- Combine sour cream with chopped herbs and grated garlic.
- Chop the onion, mix with meat and potatoes. Fill the pots with this mass.
- Pour the dish with sour cream dressing.
- Pots will be cooked for an hour. After this time, you need to remove the lid and let the contents brown.
This hot option is one of the classic and very satisfying. A large number of protein components makes the dish nutritious, but requires preparing a fresh vegetable salad before serving to facilitate the assimilation of the tandem from meat and mushrooms. Frying the latter is not necessary – skipping this stage, you will get a lighter dish from the position of the load on the digestive tract.
- pickled mushrooms – 200 g;
- meat – 450 g;
- onions – 2 pcs.;
- sweet pepper – 2 pcs.;
- sour cream – 4 tbsp. l .;
- salt pepper;
- cooking oil.
- Finely chop the meat, grate with seasonings, mix with a spoon of sour cream.
- Fry mushrooms with butter for 9-10 minutes, pepper.
- Cut the pepper into short strips, onion into half rings.
- Combine the main ingredients of the dish, arrange in pots.
- Season with sour cream, add half a glass of water, seasoning.
- Cook at 180 degrees for about 45-50 minutes if you have chicken, and about 70-80 minutes for pork / beef.
This stew recipe belongs to Georgian cuisine and is traditionally prepared using a large clay pot. The key point is the ratio of products: the weight of the meat should be equal to the total weight of the vegetables that supplement it. Such beef stewed in a pot in the oven, not only very satisfying, but also extremely healthy, does not require any side dish.
- potato – 2 pcs.;
- beef – 600 g;
- onion – 2 pcs.;
- large tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l .;
- clove of garlic;
- Bay leaf;
- ground black pepper;
- Fill the bottom of the pot with onion rings.
- Lay on top slices of beef greased with tomato paste. Throw a clove of garlic (without slicing).
- Cover with a layer of potato slices, pieces of eggplant.
- Add bay leaf, pepper, salt. Pour in water to completely cover food.
- Cook Georgian fries at 185 degrees for about an hour.
Beef with vegetables
Healthy food can be extremely appetizing and beautiful, if you know how to cook it correctly. Hearty beef dishes in pots are not always just classic roasts using potatoes. Any vegetable supplement – from tomatoes to broccoli – makes the stew in pots in the oven no less tasty and nutritious, but easier. Sour cream dressing can be excluded, limited only to water.
- cauliflower – 200 g;
- green beans – 170 g;
- beef – 350 g;
- tomatoes – 2 pcs.;
- salt pepper;
- sour cream – 3 tbsp. l .;
- Twist the beef through a meat grinder. Salt, pepper.
- Disassemble cabbage for inflorescences, combine with chopped tomatoes, beans, sour cream. Mix.
- Spread minced meat and a mixture of vegetables in layers, filling the pots at 3/4 height. Add 100-120 ml of water for each.
- Stew for 50-60 minutes at 180 degrees. Serve with herbs.
A stunning French dish with an unusual sauce has every chance to become your favorite among the hot for everyday and festive table. Delicious aromatic pots with pork and champignons, seasoned with pomegranate sauce and served with boiled brown rice – a real delicacy, even in the photo. Similarly, you can cook any less fatty meat – from chicken to lamb..
- pork – 470 g;
- salted champignons – 200 g;
- tomatoes – 3 pcs.;
- hard cheese – 120 g;
- pomegranate juice – a glass;
- dry red wine – a glass;
- rice starch – 1 tbsp. l .;
- cloves of carnations – 2-3 pcs.;
- mustard seeds – 1 tsp;
- cloves of garlic – 2 pcs.;
- dry herbs, salt;
- vegetable oil.
- Mix mustard, grated garlic, salt, herbs and oil. Grate pork slices with this mass. Let them lie 1-1.5 hours.
- Arrange them in pots, distribute chopped mushrooms and tomatoes on top. Sprinkle with coarsely grated cheese, add 130 ml of water for each pot.
- The first 25 minutes, the baking temperature is 190 degrees, then for another half hour 170 degrees.
- Make a sauce: boil pomegranate juice, add cloves, salt, herbs. After 1-2 minutes, introduce the starch filled with wine. Stir until thickened. Remove from the stove.
- Before serving, season each pot with pomegranate sauce, mix its contents.
The above options for baked meat are good for everyone except calories and fat. You can make them easier if you use a bird. This fragrant hot dish in pots with chicken will not leave anyone indifferent. If you want to make it dietary, do not fry the meat – just stew it with water and tomato paste. Potatoes can be completely removed from the recipe, replacing the same amount of zucchini.
- chicken (fillet) – 300 g;
- small potatoes – 3-4 pcs.;
- young zucchini – 1/2 pcs.;
- tomato paste – 2 tbsp. l .;
- ground paprika – 1 tsp;
- frying oil;
- Fry chopped onion until transparent.
- Add chopped coarse chicken. Pepper, salt. Fry until crusty.
- Pour in tomato paste and 1/3 cup of water. 4 to 5 minutes.
- Cut the potatoes into quarters, zucchini – in small cubes.
- Arrange the vegetables in pots, add the fried meat and onions on top. Mix. Add half a glass of water.
- Cook at 170 degrees 40 minutes.
Professionals are inclined to believe that the cereals cooked on the stove and in the oven are dishes that are completely different in taste, and the comparison is not in the direction of the first method. If you want to personally verify this, try to figure out how to cook pots of meat and buckwheat in the oven – after that you don’t want to cook cereals on the stove, even taking into account the time savings from the last.
- veal – 170 g;
- buckwheat – 2/3 cup;
- pumpkin pulp – 180 g;
- ground ginger – 1 tsp;
- clove of garlic;
- olive oil;
- salt, spices.
- Rinse buckwheat several times. Sprinkle in a hot dry frying pan, fry for 1-1.5 minutes, constantly turning.
- Chop the pulp of pumpkin, sprinkle with a pinch of ginger.
- Wash the veal, cut into the same slices as a pumpkin. Fry in butter, combined with olive. Season with spices, pour water (about a glass). Pot 8-10 minutes.
- Stew veal with pumpkin and chopped garlic. Mix.
- Fill the pots with buckwheat, place the pumpkin-meat mass on top. About 1/4 of the space should remain free, as the croup will fall apart.
- Add water to completely cover foods. Send pots to the oven.
- Cooking takes about an hour at a temperature of 180 degrees.
This recipe is also from the traditional category, since it does not differ much from the earlier version of the classic Russian roast, it is only supplemented with 2 types of cheese. If you do not like the pronounced salty taste, remove the feta cheese, replacing it with mozzarella or Adyghe cheese. Instead of mayonnaise, you can take sour cream or low-fat cream, the amount of garlic varies individually.
- potatoes – 250 g;
- meat – 350 g;
- hard cheese – 100 g;
- feta cheese – 80 g;
- cloves of garlic – 3 pcs.;
- mayonnaise – 4 tbsp. l .;
- ground black pepper;
- Peel the potato, cut into cubes. Grate with chopped garlic clove.
- Mix half mayonnaise with grated hard cheese.
- Rinse the meat, cut in the same way, mix with pepper, salt, the remaining half of mayonnaise. Spread on the bottom of the pots (not all of the volume will go away).
- Spread garlic and brynza cubes on top.
- Cover with potatoes, put out the remaining meat and again the potatoes. Season with mayonnaise and cheese.
- Bake at 170 degrees for half an hour, then the temperature rises to 190 degrees and the dish is cooked for another 25-30 minutes.
This cereal has few supporters – the taste and certain difficulties in cooking make pearl barley not the most beloved product for housewives. However, it is very useful for the body, has a low calorie content, and is available from a price standpoint. Try making barley in a pot in the oven with meat – this dish may make you reconsider your views on this cereal.
- meat – 550 g;
- dry barley – 320 g;
- vegetable oil;
- carrot – 2 pcs.;
- spices, salt.
- In the evening, rinse the barley twice, pour clean water overnight. If cooking in the morning, let it stand for 4-5 hours.
- Boil 2 liters of water, throw meat there. Salt. Cooking takes about 30-35 minutes to make a simple broth.
- Remove the boiled meat, cut into large pieces. Fry with chopped onion in vegetable oil until crusted.
- Cut carrots into circles.
- Combine all the components of the dishes, fill them with pots. Add broth – do not forget to leave free 4-5 cm of height.
- When the oven reaches 185 degrees, wait about 80-90 minutes. If the meat is ready, you can get the pots.
The addition of fruits and berries to a protein product has already become a habitual action not only of cooks in haute cuisine, but also of ordinary housewives. This move gives the meat dishes an unusual taste and aroma, improves their absorption. Stew with prunes in pots in the oven turns out to be very tender and sweet, but requires a side dish, because otherwise the dish looks and feels inferior.
- lamb – 500 g;
- prunes – 12-15 pcs.;
- large green apple;
- carrots – 2 pcs.;
- salt, spices.
- Soak the lamb for 2 hours under cold water. After rinsing, chop coarsely.
- Steamed prunes with boiling water, cut in half.
- Apple, without peeling, divided into quarters. Remove the seed part.
- Chop the onion, grate the carrots coarsely.
- Combine all the ingredients, fill them with pots, add a little water. Season with salt.
- Baking time – 1.5 hours, oven temperature – 170 degrees.
Oven in pots with meat in the oven – cooking secrets
Even if the general technology is clear to you, in this category of dishes there are several nuances, ignorance of which raises questions for housewives. Professionals are ready to answer the most frequent of them:
- Some housewives complain that the roast in the pot in the oven turns out to be rather dry, even if sour cream / mayonnaise is added. Experts advise to “seal” the gap between the lid and the throat using a regular test (flour with water) – the moisture will not evaporate.
- If you add squash, pumpkin, carrots to the meat, remember that these vegetables are very sugary, so the amount of salt needs to be increased.
- To preserve the juiciness of meat, pieces can be fried in a hot frying pan until crisp.
Cook pot roasts and other recipes.